Welcome to K¹² Video Resources. The videos offer a broad range of topics from how to use the Online school to tips for a successful school year.
Using the K-8 Online School (OLS)
OLS videos are short 2-6 minute instructional segments showing you how to fully utilize and navigate the online school.
Please note that K-Mail and Class Connect are available to Virtual School families only.
- Setting Up and Managing Your AccountsHow to set up and manage your student accounts.
- Your OLS Home PageThis video introduces the features of your Learning Coach Home Page.
- Navigating the OLSOverview of the menus in the OLS.
- Accessing Your Student's Daily and Weekly LessonsReview of your student's Daily and Weekly plan.
- Adjusting your ScheduleHow to use Schedule Setup to manage your student's plans.
- Entering AttendanceHow to enter attendance for your students.
- Using ClassConnectFinding, attending, and viewing recordings of ClassConnect (Elluminate) sessions offered by your teacher and your school virtual academy.
- K-8 LessonsPreparing for and managing your student's lessons.
- K-8 ProgressHow to track your student's progress.
- K-Mail for EveryoneFeatures and Tools.
Using the Online School High School
High School videos are short 2-5 minute instructional segments providing the High School student and Learning Coach helpful tips and information.
- The K12 Online High School Overview!Learn about the exciting features of the new platform.
- Planning YourDayLearn how to plan your day.
- Taking Your ClassesAccess your high school lessons and complete activities.
- Checking YourGradesKnow how well you are doing in your online high school courses!
- Checking Student ProgressManage your student’s performance for the Learning Coach.
- Viewing Your Student’s CourseLearn how to view your student’s actual course for the Learning Coach.
Learning Coach Sessions
These recordings are approximately one hour each and give you detailed instructions on a variety of topics supporting you as a Learning Coach.
- All About K12
- Making Adjustments: Mindsets about Home Learning
- Making Spaces: Places & Areas for Home Learning
- Making Time: Scheduling for Home Learning & Life
- Myth busting for New Learning Coaches: A Newbie's Sigh of Relief
- The Power of the Parent-Teacher Relationship
- Everyone Says I'm Crazy! What to do?
- You Have Permission
- Misconceptions About the Reading Process
- Eek! There's a Toddler in the House
- Block Scheduling: What, Why and Who
- Study Island Success
- Working with Your Child-In-Constant-Motion
- Home Educating a Small Army