Welcome to K¹² Video Resources. The videos offer a broad range of topics from how to use the Online school to tips for a successful school year.
Online School Videos
Using the K-8 Online School (OLS)
OLS videos are short 2-6 minute instructional segments showing you how to fully utilize and navigate the online school. Please note: K-Mail and Class Connect are available to Virtual School families only.
- Setting Up and Managing Your AccountsHow to set up and manage your student accounts.
- Your OLS Home PageThis video introduces the features of your Learning Coach Home Page.
- Navigating the OLSOverview of the menus in the OLS.
- Accessing Your Student's Daily and Weekly LessonsReview of your student's Daily and Weekly plan.
- Adjusting your ScheduleHow to use Schedule Setup to manage your student's plans.
- Entering AttendanceHow to enter attendance for your students.
- Using ClassConnectFinding, attending, and viewing recordings of ClassConnect (Elluminate) sessions offered by your teacher and your school virtual academy.
- K-8 LessonsPreparing for and managing your student's lessons.
- K-8 ProgressHow to track your student's progress.
- K-Mail for EveryoneFeatures and Tools.
Using the Online High School
High School videos are short 2-5 minute instructional segments providing the High School student helpful tips and information.
- High School OverviewNavigating the Online School for High School Students.
- Daily Tasks for High School StudentsLearn about the High School experience.
- Setting Expectations for Online High SchoolLearn the Keys to Success!
- Parent Dashboard Learn how the High School Mentor can view their student's progress.
Recorded Elluminate Sessions
These recordings are approximately one hour each and give you detailed instructions on a variety of topics supporting you as a Learning Coach.
- All About K12
- Making Adjustments: Mindsets about Home Learning
- Making Spaces: Places & Areas for Home Learning
- Making Time: Scheduling for Home Learning & Life
- Myth busting for New Learning Coaches: A Newbie's Sigh of Relief
- The Power of the Parent-Teacher Relationship
- Everyone Says I'm Crazy! What to do?
- You Have Permission
- Misconceptions About the Reading Process
- Eek! There's a Toddler in the House
- Block Scheduling: What, Why and Who
- Study Island Success
- Working with Your Child-In-Constant-Motion
- Home Educating a Small Army